It’s a piece of code that runs as you switch on your computer. Each operating system has a set of boot loaders specific for it. It contains several ways to boot the operating system kernel. It also contain commands for debugging and modifying the kernel environment
Types of boot loader:
4. NTLDR (NT loader): It allows the user to choose b/w the operating system. It allows user to pass pre-configured options to the kernel. Menu options are stored in boot.ini, which itself is located in the root of the same disk as NTLDR.
To install grub:
1. Insert window 7 dvd in to your dvd drive and restart the computer.
2. Then press any key when windows asks “press any key to continue”.
3. Then select your language and click next.
4. Then select “repair your computer”.
5. It will search for the installation directory, once
it finished, click “next”.
6. Select “startup repair” in recovery tools.
7. By doing this window will try to repair your startup problems and gives a message to restart your system.
8. Your bootMGR is successfully installed.
DIFFERENT OPTIONS IN THE BOOT LOADER